Monday, April 2, 2012

Cooper's 5 Months old!

Yet again I've been a slacker when it comes to blogging as it's been almost 2 months since my last update! So take a seat this will be a long post! Things have been going very well in the Maver household and the boys of course are keeping our lives busy busy busy. Cooper is already 5 months old and doing all the great things 5 month olds do-- smile, laugh, roll around, raspberries, and mostly just laying there being cute:) I don't think there is a person in this world he wouldn't smile at! Big brother Parker is talking up a storm and just saying the most awesomely funny and sweet things these days. Some of my favorite lines-- "Boo boo? I kiss it and make it allllll better!" "Is mommy happy? I happy too!" (he's very concerned about my well-being, he likes to ask me this when I'm clearly NOT happy, he knows it snaps me out of my mood), "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH MOMMY!!!", "Mommy work? Daddy work? I work too! I make money!", "I cry mommy... I didn't see you" (this is what he says to me when I come home from work and ask how his day went... I may just quit my job one of these days!) "Why mommy why? Because mommy say so?" (Yes Parker, because I said so... "why" is his favorite word right now which is loads of fun trying to explain everything in 3 year old terms).

As for Rob and I, we are trying to get things done are the house, which is nothing new. We are looking into landscaping and pool renovations in preparation for summer and I'm doing my best to finally finish getting "moved in." Pathetic I know, we've been here since August! We FINALLY finished Cooper's room about a month ago and now I'm working on turning the loft upstairs into an awesome playroom for the boys.

Okay so here is Cooper at 2 months.... mommy's a little behind so you're gonna see him grow up real quick here...


3 months....


4 months old!! (At Parker's 4 month visit he was 15 pounds 6 ounces and 25 3/4 inches tall. Cooper was 16 pounds 6 ounces and 26 1/4 inches tall!)


AND 5 months old! This Lion's got nothing on me!!


Big brother reading to Cooper:)


Cooper watches everything Parker does, it's so cute!


Cooper's FIRST time laying in his crib haha!! He was 4 months old in this picture. He is happily taking over mommy and daddy's bed. Once he starts sleeping some consistent long stretches at night we will transition him over to his room. Parker was three weeks old when he started sleeping in his room, how different the second child is right? Big brother jumped in the crib too when we laid Cooper down. I fear we will wake up one morning to Parker cuddled up to his brother in the crib!


Some pictures of Cooper's completed nursery...




My friend Jayneil from work had a baby girl two months after I had Cooper. She has another daughter, Elliana that is two months older than Parker. We try to have lots of play dates even though she lives clear out in Goodyear since our kids are the same age. Here's Cooper and Everleigh hanging out together on the play mat.


Parker and Elliana


Cooper rolling around on his play mat, he can finally hold his head up so he likes tummy time a lot better now.


He can grab objects and switch them from one hand to another already... what a smart boy!


We celebrated Serafina's 3rd birthday earlier this month at the zoo. The kids had so much fun! Happy Birthday sweet Serafina!


There was an animal show and we thought for sure Parker wouldn't want to touch anything. He has an intense fear of dogs and cats. But as you can see, our little boy was all about touching the lizards, snakes, and the hissing Madagascar Cockroach!




"No way daddy! This one has fur!!"


"Ohhhh so scary daddy, a cute little ferret!"


I think the birthday girl had the most fun, she is such an animal lover!



And then there were the adults... standing in the back and scared to death to touch anything! It was so funny!


Parker with his parade of girls!!


Last week Parker went to the dentist for the first time! He was AMAZINGLY good! He got his teeth cleaned and checked, no cavities!




Halfway through he crosses his legs like he's enjoying it or something haha!


All done big boy!! We talked to the dentist about getting rid of his pacifiers... Yes shame on me, he still uses a pacifier, but it's only ever been at naps and bed time. We were going to get rid of them last May but we decided to tackle potty training first. Then before we knew it Cooper was here and we couldn't yank them from Parker and have them around for Cooper. But then our big boy surprised us yet again with his maturity. That night after visiting the dentist, we were getting ready for bed and he remembered how the dentist had said "No more Babies!" (that's what he calls his pacifiers) That was his first night without it and he has never shed a tear about it. I told him I was going to call the dentist and tell her how great he did and his face lite up like that was the best thing in the world! He still asks "Where's my baby?" when we get into bed, but then he remembers the dentist took them because he's a big boy now. Ahhh... if only all things with Parker could be this easy!




1 comment:

  1. That's so cool about the dentist being so important to him! Isn't it funny how one little thing will just click for them and you wonder why everything isn't so easy? When I tried to get Mylo going on the big potty and not just the little froggy potty, all I had to say was that he was too big now and he was like, "Oh. Ok." That was it! I thought it would be this long tear-filled battle. Ha! I love your little boys so much and can't wait to squeeze them!!!

    ReplyDelete