Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas!

This year I was scheduled to work Christmas Day... We tried really hard not to be bummed about it even though it was Parker's first Christmas. We had a great early Christmas in Portland and I was grateful for that. On Friday morning I got a call from work at 5:22 am and much to my surprise we were overstaffed and I was told to stay home! It was like a Christmas miracle! Parker woke up so happy and was so excited to see me! We got to spend the entire day with family and Parker had so much fun he didn't want it to end.... I don't know where he got the energy but he WOULD NOT go to bed... he finally fell asleep at 12:30 AM if you can believe it! We started the day at Sang Mi and Shawn's and had Christmas brunch with the Summers. Then we all headed over to my parents house and had a great prime rib and ham dinner. Michael, Brigitte, and Noelle were in town from Boston, Sang Mi and Shawn were off all day, and my mom and I both had Christmas day off together for the first time in 8 years. And our Portland family moved Christmas up just for us so we even got to celebrate the week before. This year was extra special with two Christmas celebrations for Parker!













2 comments:

  1. wow- look at all those presents!!! what lucky babies! so glad you got to stay home too. LOL at Michael wearing shorts in that pic...ah christmas in AZ...i miss it! love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a Christmas miracle! So great to see all the babies together celebrating the first of so many I imagine!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete