Monday, October 29, 2012

Our Hungry Little Caterpillar is One!!

This weekend we celebrated Cooper's Dol with family and friends. Grandma Sherri, Grandpa Larry, and Auntie Christy even came into town for the big event and it was so much fun!The boys and I have always loved the Very Hungry Caterpillar book and so I decided it would be a cute theme for a first birthday. I had no idea the amount of information I would accumulate on the internet and Pinterest! It was such a fun party to plan! Happy birthday to my sweet, smiley, silly, adventurous Cooper. We love you sooooo much!

We started with this cute invitation from Etsy...



We set up the traditional Korean table setting like we did with Parker's birthday and my co-worker made us an unbelievable cake that was almost too cute to eat.




Some more decorations... I loved the idea of the caterpillar balloon and the fruit on the kids table were the fruits the caterpillar ate in the book.





Here is Cooper in his Hambok. Doesn't he look adorable!? He wouldn't keep the hat on though and refused to carry the purse!





Hmmmm... should I be a Doctor like my Aunt and Uncle...

Nope! I'm going to be a famous writer!


Here's Maddie doing one of the crafts.... thumbprint caterpillar bookmarks

Serafina making a butterfly!


Cooper's smash cake



My cousins Judy and Sarah even came for the big event and Autumn, Judy's daughter


Buddies Jojo and Parker making caterpillars, they had to sit on the same chair

Papa and Grandma's gift was a huge hit with both boys!

Must stay awake to play with all my new toys!

Lounging on the couch after such a big day! Thanks for coming everyone!


1 comment:

  1. What a great party! I guess I better get going on doing more for Mylo's- I have nothing close to this planned and it looked like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete