Welcome to the Maver Monthly! This blog was created for our family and friends so that they may share in the adventures of Parker and baby brother Cooper!
Parker has been adjusting very well to Cooper. He seems to really love his brother and he does a good job "watching" him for mommy when I'm cooking in the kitchen or doing laundry. I never really take my eyes off of them, so I catch Parker giving Cooper kisses or rubbing cheeks with him, or putting his blanket on him. Parker has become very independent lately. Not sure if that's because he feels like he needs to since Cooper takes up mommy and daddy's time or if it's because he wants to be rebellious. He wants to dress himself, put his shoes on by himself, and go to the bathroom by himself. He even tells me to "go mommy, go...privacy" and shuts the door when going to the bathroom! He doesn't want our help, even if he clearly needs it. Cooper continues to be an angel which is such a blessing!! He rarely cries and when he does, it's because he's hunger or just wants to be held for a little bit. He doesn't even have the little nuisances that most newborns have like diaper rash, baby acne, or craddle cap. Breast fed babies also are known for lots of loose poopy diapers and Cooper only poops once or twice a day. His awake time is already during the day and he takes his long stretch of sleep between 11 and 3 am usually. I know it sounds like I'm bragging, but I think it's just his way of helping me cope with this transition! The hardest part is he eats a alot! (He has already adopted several nick names...fatty bo batty, chunkers, little piggy, etc.) There are days he feeds for 45 min to an hour every two hours! That's probably my hardest challenge as Parker loses patience after about 20 minutes into a feeding. I have yet to venture out of the house alone with the two of them for very long but luckily I don't really have to. Rob takes Parker to school and usually picks him up on his lunch break, and when I need to run errands, my parents come to the house to help out! My brother Michael, sister in law Brigette, and niece Noelle came for a week for Thanksgiving and that was a lot of fun. Parker got to play with his cousin for a whole week and he had a blast. This weekend Cooper and Parker's great-grand Pop Pop came to visit. It was a weekend of firsts because it was Pop-pops first time meeting Cooper, Parker and Cooper's first time seeing snow and Santa Claus, and Parker's first recital! The next month is going to be just as busy as the last as we plan for Christmas and get ready for Christmas in Portland! When we get back we will get ready for Parker's 3rd Birthday!
One of Parker's favorite things to do is lay with Cooper and cuddle, it's very adorable but at the same time we have to watch him because he doesn't know when he's crushing his baby brother!
Serafina loves "Baby Cooper" and is so sweet with him. She and Parker both love rubbing faces with Cooper and she is always saying, "baby Cooper is soooo cute!"
I love when Cooper sleeps like this, Parker used to do it too. Doesn't he look so perfectly content?
Parker has started setting the table for dinner, he gets the plates, napkins, and utensils himself and puts it on the table! It's so cute.
Even Cooper gets a plate, isn't that hilarious?
Thanksgiving brought another visit from Uncle Michael, Aunt Brigette, and Cousin Noelle. It was so fun seeing them play (and fight over toys!) this year since they were older and interacted more.
Michael and Brigette's first time meeting Cooper!
Rob and I took these pictures for our Christmas Card. Cutest Santa baby ever!
I'm ONE MONTH OLD everybody!!! Don't I look big!? Parker had his monthly pictures with a doggy, Cooper will have his with this handsome lion:)
Pop Pop's first time holding Cooper...
Pop pop reading the book he got for Parker
This quilt that Parker is sitting on was an early Christmas gift from great grand pop pop and nana. It was made by Pat's daughter and this picture does not do it justice, it is just the most beautiful quilt and so soft! Cooper got one too!
Saturday morning we went to Desert Ridge Marketplace where they had brought in a ton of man made snow. Not the real thing but Parker's first time seeing snow. Here he is making his first snowball!
Isn't this fun Fifi!!
He was dancing to the live music... I think Parker is going to grow up to be a dancer or some sort of musician!
Parker and Serafina's first time seeing Santa! Serafina hopped right up on Santa's lap but Parker was more hesitant. He stood next to him but only for a brief moment.
Who is this weird looking Papa??
Sitting with our Great Grand Pop Pop! Thanks for coming to see us!!
Video of Parker's school Christmas recital... The first half is pretty uneventful, but halfway through Parker spots Papa, "Harmee" (grandma in Korean), and Fifi (Serafina) in the crowd and gets excited. He starts dancing and if you listen closely, he's the loudest singer! He had the audience laughing and it was such a proud moment for mommy and daddy!
Awww, so much cuteness I can hardly stand it! I love how Parker is always wearing his "Big Brother shirt"! And how he is getting so independent and helpful and sweet to Cooper. He is such a good boy. The video is awesome- I totally LOL'd! You should be proud and brag about your little angels- they are completely perfect and adorable!!! And that is by far the cutest Santa baby picture ever! I can't wait to see the Christmas card! p.s.- i love how you're calling Serafina "Fifi" now! so cute!
Awww, so much cuteness I can hardly stand it! I love how Parker is always wearing his "Big Brother shirt"! And how he is getting so independent and helpful and sweet to Cooper. He is such a good boy. The video is awesome- I totally LOL'd! You should be proud and brag about your little angels- they are completely perfect and adorable!!! And that is by far the cutest Santa baby picture ever! I can't wait to see the Christmas card! p.s.- i love how you're calling Serafina "Fifi" now! so cute!
ReplyDelete